Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Countdown To Eviction

8 days.

Lies have two colors: White and black evil.

White lies - the ones we tell to save our behinds from minor scrapes. The kind of lies we told as teenagers to avoid punishment by parents. Simple lies that do not hurt anyone, simple lies that do not hurt us. Even as adults, white lies are told to avoid hurting friends or loved ones but still, they are not deliberate or malicious or intentional.

Then there are the black evil lies. The kinds of lies that are told by someone who does not possess a soul, who does not possess emotion. Black evil lies are full of hate, malice and revenge.

And these are the very kinds of lies that destroyed my life on July 2, 2010.

The black evil she told lies are underscored by sheer viciousness and hatred all because I wanted to protect my son, all because I chose to call the police and report the crime she and her son had committed against us but for which I am being evicted.

The black evil lies brought me to my knees because I know the truth and I was never given a chance to tell the truth.

On November 18, 2010, I will tell the truth. And it will be up to a judge to decide my fate. Will a judge believe her lies? Will it believe that management has grounds upon which to evict my son and I?

My logical side says no. My logical side believes that the judge will not evict us.

But justice has no guarantees.

All I have is the truth. I am armed with truth and with evidence and photographs and logic and knowledge.

I want to believe that justice will prevail in my favor and I can try and piece my life back together. But there is a part of me that I know will never be the same. There is a part of me that has winked out and died. I only hope the rest of me does not do the same.

Truth and justice for all.

Proverbs 19.5: A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.

No comments: