Friday, November 12, 2010

Countdown to Eviction

6 days.

Trial prep today. I have never been "on trial" before. I have never been arrested in my life.

I am not a criminal. But management wrote "Management has determined that you have engaged in criminal activity." Since when did the property management company become a law enforcement agency?

It's yes or no or I don't understand the question can you repeat.

I have been asked thousands of questions in my life and I have asked millions of questions myself.

But not in a courtroom.

My attorney said I talk like a police officer. It's a hard habit to break when you spent four years working for a police department and 20 years prior as a reporter. Facts. Black and white. That's it. Half of my life was devoted to facts and truth. Nothing more, nothing less. If I wrote feature stories, I got to add color. But that's how I think. Who, what, where, when, why and how. Pretty basic.

I have a B.S. in Criminal Justice. It's the just the way my brain works and how I am wired.

My attorney thinks like an attorney - by the law, how the law applies, case law, etc. I understand him and I understand what he said about my thinking and talking like a cop.

This is about keeping my apartment and keeping a roof over my son's head until we can get out.

Do I still think about being rescued by that white knight? Absolutely.

Who wouldn't in my situation?

No comments: